Sunday, May 11, 2014

My First Sunday Stash

This is my first Sunday Stash, and my first published post, so I thought I'd share my first fabric buy:

The first fabric I have ever bought was this jelly roll of Amy Butler Spots for Rowan fabrics.


I'm not sure of how to get a nice picture of a jelly roll, but I don't think this is it...

I've been looking at it for the past month, afraid to open it or cut anything. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing (and had a couple of practice quilts under my belt) before opening this one.

I love Amy Butler's designs, and I love geometric prints (I'm not a flower person), so this is perfect for me. I've decided to use it to make almost matching surprise quilts for my sisters. I have a sort of plan for the layouts, and I can't wait to cut into these strips!

My newly starched and pressed strips, ready to be cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment