Saturday, June 21, 2014

That rainy day feeling

It's definitely summer here in South Florida. I think it has rained every. single. day. for the last month.

This year I tried gardening, and planted some cherry tomatoes. I think they're drowning, the leaves are turning brown.
 
 
 
All this time indoors has given me the "motivation" I needed to finish the oven mitt I was making my dad for Father's Day. Better late than never. My dad taught me how to cook, and I thought he'd enjoy this. I've never seen oven mitts like this here in the U.S.
 
 
Making this reminded me of the Gavin and Stacy episode where the men are gathered around the kitchen, admiring Mick's oven glove.
 
 

You should never use a tea towel.

Because I didn't have time for a practice oven mitt, I made some brownies so we could test it out.


I love red velvet cake, so I didn't really need an excuse to try these.

 
Tom proved himself to be an excellent model for these.


No burns, so I think these are safe to gift to Dad.

Happy Saturday! Go eat some brownies.

2 comments:

  1. I love your oven mitts - I bet your Dad will too! And those brownies....yum..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete