Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl is hosting a linky party to share your quilty resolutions for 2015. I thought this would be a good chance to reflect a little bit, and make some new goals for 2015.
1. Make what I want to. Quilting and sewing are my hobby, and my way to unwind after work. I want to make sure I'm valuing my time, and work on projects that make me happy.
2. Play more. My favorite projects have been those I've done while just experimenting and playing around. That's what makes me happiest. I like the lack of structure in my creative play time :)
3. Use the fabric I love (while I still love it). I'm worried about turning into a fabric hoarder! my goal this year it to use the fabrics I've been collecting, and not hoard them--there is always going to be more fabric. I also know my tastes will change, so I may as well use it up, before I stop liking it.
4. Learn to make more bags and clothes. I have a few bag and clothing patterns that I really want to try. I love making quilts, but it is good to try different things. I would love to expand my handmade wardrobe.
5. Make some things for the apartment. I've been promising my husband a new tea cosy and oven mitts for the longest time. I'm sure I could make them in just an afternoon, I just need to sit down and do it.
6. Finish the quilt for my bedroom. This was the reason I learned to quilt--I wanted a new duvet. Every time I start a new project, my husband asks when I'm going to make our quilt. This one is high on my to-do list.
7. Try new things and work outside of my comfort zone. This one is still pretty easy for me--I only started quilting in April, but I do want to keep learning new things and challenging myself. My favorite projects have been those which have stretched my abilities, and made me try new things.
on that note....
8. Learn to FMQ. I will learn, or at least try to learn, to FMQ this year. Even if I only try it on teeny tiny mug rugs and potholders, I'm going to do it.
9. Finish more things. I do not like having WIPs, they keep me awake at night. I feel much, much happier when I have fewer than 3 projects on the go. My WIP pile stresses me out. I hope to get a handle on them very soon.
10. Be involved. One of my favorite things about quilting is the quilting/blogging/instagram community. Not only do I love the bees and swaps I've been involved in, but I love having the quilting support community (and people who are interested in talking about quilting and sewing!)
I think that's enough for me for now. I've had a great sewing year this year, I've had a lot of fun and I've learned a lot. I can't wait to see what next year brings!
And because I think this needs a quilty picture, here is my favorite, not yet blogged about, quilt from this year:
|It was a windy day here in Hollywood|
How about you? What are your resolutions for next year? Be sure to head over to Yvonne's linky party to see what everyone else is up to.
Have a very happy New Year!